Friday, June 21, 2013

I leave early tomorrow morning on my flight to Los Angeles.  I am both very excited and somewhat apprehensive about the next three weeks.  I look forward to meeting the many people that I will be riding with over the next weeks.  We will be staying at Vanguard University in Costa Mesa, CA on Saturday and Sunday nights.    Several of my relatives that live in southern California are planning to meet me at Newport Beach for a "tune-up ride."  Tomorrow we also get the gear truck organized.  On Sunday we will have a worship service and a mandatory safety meeting.  We plan to start our trip early on Monday morning.  Thank you to all who have contributed to this fund raising event.  The funds will be used to by such organizations as World Renewal to help those in need.  We hope to bring attention to the needs of those who live in poverty as we make our way across the U.S.  I also appreciate all of your prayers as I begin this journey.  


No comments:

Post a Comment