Saturday, June 17, 2017

Another Sea to Sea Adventure about to Begin

Sea to Sea 2017

I'm preparing to complete another bike ride with Sea to Sea.  This time I will be biking in Canada from Vancouver, British Columbia and going to Calgary, Alberta.   We will be covering this 720 mile journey from June 26 to July 8.  I will be flying to Seattle on Friday, June 23 and spend a day with my brother-in-law, Don Van Maanen.  Don is the elementary principal at Lynden Christian School.  Lynden is only a few miles from the Canadian border.    Don will take me up to Trinity Western University on Saturday where all of the Sea to Sea participants will be gathering.  I'm looking forward to seeing many of the Sea to Sea participants that I had met in 2013 and last summer at Ragbrai (trip across Iowa) and I am looking forward to meeting many new people as well.

We will be leaving on our bikes from Trinity Western University on Monday morning, June 26.  I will be one of 92 riders who have signed up to complete this first leg of the Sea to Sea trip.  I understand that 52 bikers are planning to do the entire 10 weeks of the ride, ending in Halifax, Nova Scotia.   You can learn more about the ride at Sea to Sea 2017.

 I am excited that approximately 1.2 million dollars has already been donated to Sea to Sea 2017 to support efforts to combat poverty.  If you would like to make a donation under my name, you can go to   the following link:  Fund Raising Page

I will be using the same bike that I used in 2013 and I am looking forward to seeing the Pacific Northwest from a bicycle seat.  I'll try to keep this blog updated throughout my trip.

Here are a couple of resources you may want to use.  You can track our daily route on with following site:  Route Map  You can click on the right column  under "Accommodations and Route Maps" and you can see the route map and the elevation climbs for that day.

Here is a Daily Devotional that has been published for our ride as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment