Monday, July 17, 2017

Day 8: July 4, Salmon Arm to Revelstoke

Happy Independence Day!  We sang the National Anthem as part of our 7:00 am meeting. That was the only reference to the American holiday that I experienced today here in Canada.   We always meet at 7:00 am for prayer and we alway end by saying the Lord's Prayer in unison.  We started the day on a quiet road but soon we were on the Transcontinental Highway (Highway 1) which is very busy with trucks, cars, and many campers.


We had an Amtrak train riding along side us for short time.


More scenes from our ride today:



We camped next to a lake in a campground.  Many of us went in the water to cool off.  I went in up to my waist which was all the cold I could take. Some were jumping off rocks into the water.  I'm not sure my body to could the shock.   I'm continually amazed at the beauty that continually surrounds us.  We all went to bed early tonight because of the big day of riding we are going to tackle tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment